International youth webinar will take place on February 18, 2021
We invite students (age 15-19) and their teachers to participate in an international webinar “Global challenges and opportunities of the 21th century: responsibilities of individuals and nations” that will take place on February 18 (Thursday) at 14:00-17:00 (Eastern European time, check your time HERE).
The aim of the webinar is to raise awareness among youth and educators about global challenges related to climate change, forced migration and human rights, and to encourage youth to look for real solutions from an individual to international perspective. We will also share information about an upcoming four-day Model United Nations that will happen on June 10-13 where youth will have an opportunity to embody delegates of UN Security Council, Conference of the Parties, UN Refugee Agency and judges in the International Court of Justice.
Agenda of the webinar:
- Introductory interview with the President of Estonia Ms. Kersti Kaljulaid
- Panel discussion with experts on human rights and climate change:
- Mr. Kari Käsper, UNHCR
- Ms. Minna-Liina Lind, Ambassador for Human Rights and Migration, Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ms. Aveliina Helm, Tartu University
- Ms. Kristi Klaas, Ministry of Environment
- Introduction to Estonian Model United Nations 2021 topics and activities
- Group discussions for the youth and teachers lead by EstMUN youth
You can share an invitation PDF with interested participants.
Registered participants will receive Zoom link prior to the event. The first part of the webinar will be streamed on Facebook and Youtube.
Registration to this event is no longer available.
You can see the first part of the event in Youtube or follow the event on Facebook. The agenda of the event is available HERE.
Rände- ja kliimateemaline rahvusvaheline veebinar toimub Välisministeeriumi toetusest rahastatud ÜRO matke programmi raames koostöös Euroopa Komisjoni ja Kodanikuühiskonna Sihtkapitali kaasrahastatud projektiga „Jagatud teekonnad: faktid ja lood rändest 21 sajandil”.